The mission statement of “Every life deserves world class care” of MPUH is rightly defined. MPUH believes every life deserves WORLD-CLASS CARE, which is possible not only through state of the art equipment and skillful techniques but also through the care, compassion and concern. The hospital practices charity, but not at the cost of quality.
The quality management system at MPUH means:
- Design, Development and Delivery of clinical services for Urology and Nephrology including Kidney Transplantation.
- Post-graduate education centre for DNB in Urology, Nephrology and Anaesthesia.
- Clinical research in the field of Urology, Nephrology and Anaesthesia.
These have been assessed and found to be in accordance with the latest requirements of the quality standards ISO 9001:2008 where MPUH works on the QUALITY POLICY defined as follows:
- We will provide optimum care to our patients.
- We will be an efficiently organised and highly motivated team in providing this care.
- We will continuously increase our resources, skill and knowledge to provide the best care to our patients.
- We will continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- We will review and update our quality objectives once in a year.
HOSPITAL INFORMATION SYSTEM:
AxSys Health Tech Ltd, Hyderabad provided the software called “Excelicare” to MPUH in 2006 which supports clinicians in key activities such as review, documentation and collaboration. It also provides decision support through the use of clinical process management tools that may be embedded within 'special forms' as well as through a powerful 'script designer'.
A friendly and functionally rich electronic patient record forms a base platform module to which a variety of modules, including telemedicine technologies, can be added, allowing the system to grow with the increasing requirements. The base platform comprises problem lists, progress notes, laboratory results, and media items such as images (supports DICOM3 standard), audio and video. A Designer Toolkit enables the creation of clinical modules, which include sophisticated data capture forms, summary documents, letters and charts.
In short, “Excelicare” is an ultramodern Hospital Information System implemented at MPUH.