MILESTONES OF MPUH
1978, March 20th
- Shri. Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy, Honorable President of India, inaugurated Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital (MPUH).
- First Live Donor Kidney Transplant Operation in Gujarat performed.
- Urodynamics Laboratory started functioning.
- Muljibhai Patel Society for Research in Nephro-Urology (MPSRNU) was formed, approved by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India.
- Donations made to MPSRNU qualified for 200% exemption U/s. 35(1)(ii) of the Income Tax Act,1961.
- Started Department of Endourology for treating kidney stones through Endoscopic Procedures for the first time in the country.
- Introduced Ureteroscopy for the first time in the country.
- Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, Hon. Vice President of India, inaugurated the new building and Shri. Haribhai Desai Lithotripsy Centre.
- Acquired Lithotriptor and Laser for the treatment of stone.
- New Urodynamic Laboratory installed.
- Government of Gujarat recognized our institution by granting reimbursement to its employees for treatment received at the hospital.
- Received approval from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi, for conducting DNB Teaching Programme in Urology and Nephrology.
- 24 hours Medical Store started functioning.
- Biochemistry section of our Laboratory fully automated.
- Started Department of Andrology for treating male infertility and sexual impotency.
- Acquired state-of-the-art equipment for the treatment of prostate known as Transurethral Needle Ablation (TUNA) of Prostate.
- Started Angioplasty Procedure in Reno vascular Hypertension.
- Our department of Nephrology selected as “Sister Renal Centre” by the Department of Nephrology of Arkansas University, U.S.A.
- Department of Pediatric Urology started functioning.
- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy was performed in this institute for the first time.
- Animal Laboratory started functioning.
- ISO 9001:1994 accorded to the institution, which is the first charitable hospital in the country for this recognition.
- Acquired state-of-the-art colour doppler.
- Acquired video dynamics machine.
- Launched website of our Hospital “ www.mpuh.org ”
- Hosted the 12th Video Urology World Congress at Goa.
- Ranbaxy “Centre of Excellence” inaugurated.
- Crossed 1000 Live Donor Kidney Transplantation Operations.
- Hosted the Millennium International Urology Congress at Delhi.
- Dornier Lithotriptor acquired for the treatment of stone.
- Fellowship Exchange Program with Cleveland Clinic Foundation,USA.
- Recertified for ISO 9001:2000 by BVQI.
- Hosted the 1st World Summit on Radical Prostatectomy.
- Hosted 1st World Summit on Kidney Surgery.
- Got the first prize from World Endourology Society for our clinical assay, first time in Asia.
- Installed O.R-1 (Major Operation Theatre) System. First Installation in India; equipment from Karl Storz Germany.
- Installed Riwo-net Operation Theatre System. First Installation in India; equipment from Richard Wolf Germany.
- Hosted 22nd World Congress on Endourology (WCE’2004) at Mumbai.
- Re-certified 2nd time as per ISO 9001:2000 by BVQI.
- Awarded CRISIL Healthcare Grading “A” to the institution – 1st Charitable Hospital in India recognized as Grade “A”.
- Implemented Excelicare Software – a full fledged Hospital Information System for hospital.
- Tied up with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre (CCHMC) for developing advanced pediatric service, training and research in the field of pediatric urology and its allied branches.
- Acquired Digitised X-ray (Agfa CR25), modern technique in radiology.
- Installed CORE-Richard Wolf (Major O.T.), an unique operation theatre in India having combination of OR-1 and CORE-O.T.
- Established the central office for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Registry of India; a project of Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Inaugurated Jayaramdas Patel Academic Centre (JPAC) by Honorable Governor of Gujarat Shri. Naval Kishore Sharma on 21st January 2007.
- Received approval from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi, to conduct DNB Teaching Programme in Anesthesia.
- Inaugurated High-speed 16-Slice MDCT Scan Centre.
- Inaugurated Veeda Clinical Research’s CPU (Clinical Pharmacology Unit) – India’s 1st Clinical Pharmacology Unit for Renal impaired patients.
- Re-certified 3rd time as per ISO 9001:2000 by BVCI.
- Upgraded our Urodynamic laboratory with Duct Logic G-2.
- Microbiology section of Laboratory updated with Microbial Detection System.
- Modified Karl Storz OR-1 and HD.
- Acquired Robotic HIFU – EDAP TMS for the least invasive treatment of Prostate Cancer without surgery first time in India.
- The quality management system upgraded to ISO 9001:2008 by BVCI.
- Inaugurated Rohit J Patel Department of Uro-oncology by Honorable Minister of Health, Government of Gujarat, Shri. Jaynarayan Vyas on 11th January 2010.
- Acquired state-of-the-art da Vinci Si Robotic Surgical System, MPUH became the first charitable hospital in India.
- The quality management system at MPUH re-certified for the 2nd time to ISO 9001:2008 by BVCI.
- Crossed 2000 Live Donor Kidney Transplantations.
- MPUH becomes the first hospital in India to install the “Prostate Histoscanning”.
- Installed Prostate Histoscanning for the first time in India.
- MPUH was awarded the prestigious IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Trophy – 2011, the first hospital in Gujarat to win this award.
- Launched a new website www.centreforroboticsurgery.com, for public awareness and education about advantages of Robotic surgery at MPUH. This is in addition to our current website www.mpuh.org .
- Crossed 300 Robotic surgeries in the last two years at MPUH successfully.