The hospital has the infrastructure to support 140 beds divided into the categories of general ward, semi-special rooms, special rooms and a VIP suite. These are well-ventilated with proper sanitation facilities and well-trained support staff. There are six Operation Theatres including two separate theatres for renal transplants. These theatres are fully equipped for open, endoscopic and robotic-assisted procedures. There are ‘recovery’ and ‘post-operative’ rooms fully equipped with monitoring devices for critical care. There is a medical intensive care especially for cardio-respiratory supportive equipment, facility for peritoneal dialysis, and central monitoring supported by a dedicated and trained staff.
The hospital has the infrastructure to support 140 beds divided into the categories of general ward, semi-special rooms, special rooms and a VIP suite. These are well-ventilated with proper sanitation facilities and well-trained support staff. There are six Operation Theatres including two separate theatres for renal transplants. These theatres are fully equipped for open, endoscopic and robotic-assisted procedures.
There are ‘recovery’ and ‘post-operative’ rooms fully equipped with monitoring devices for critical care. There is a medical intensive care especially for cardio-respiratory supportive equipment, facility for peritoneal dialysis, and central monitoring supported by a dedicated and trained staff.
Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital has the latest Operating Rooms. It has 4 for the regular work and 2 for the Renal Transplantation.
- Operating Room number 1 for Laparoscopy is level 4 made by Karl Storz, Germany. It has a High Definition screen, on table connections which can be connected to anywhere in the world through ISDN lines. There are facilities for live recording during the surgery.
- Operating Room number 2 is also designed and made by Karl Storz especially for Endo Urology in which all surgeries pertaining to stone and endourology are done. C arm, three chip camera and recording and transmission facilities are also available.
- Operating Room number 3: CORE (Complete Operation Room for EndoUrology) is designed and done by Richard Wolf, Germany. All procedures in Urology namely Stone Surgery, Laparoscopy and all surgeries pertaining to Urology can be performed.
- Operating Room number 4: All Open and Endoscopic surgeries can be performed.
- Renal Transplant Theatre especially for the Donor Nephrectomy which now a days are performed mostly Laparoscopically.
- Renal Transplant Theatre wherein Renal recipient is operated.
All the above theatres are connected to our more than 100 seated auditorium which has international transmission facilities.
In addition to the above theatres, few things worth mentioning are:
- Ablatherm (France): Robotic assisted High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) meant to be used for the Ca Prostate.
- Dornier Compact Delta Lithotripsy machine (Germany): The-state-of- art lithotripsy machine from Dornier who are the pioneers in Lithotripsy.
- Mini and Micro PCNL facilities.
- Da Vinci Si Robot for Laparoscopic surgery.
- Sterilization: Autoclave and Plasma Sterilization (Sterrad NX 100 S from Johnson and Johnson, USA) facilities in the theatre complex are available.
We acquired our Extracorpo real Shock Wave Lithotriptor to provide the highest standard in medical equipment backed by our competence in shock wave technology and our commitment to quality.
To give Therapy without Compromise, this High Performance Shock Wave source performs Remote Controlled operation with Integrated and Isocentric Ultrasound and X-Ray. It has Motorized Flexible Therapy Head for multiple therapy windows. It offers real-time monitoring of therapy increasing the efficacy of treatment, which is also relatively pain free.
As a part of our constant effort to modernize & provide very good quality, we have completely renovated our dialysis unit. The department comprises of 15 machines handled by experienced and professional staff.
The air-conditioning & water treatment was completely redone. The new Water Treatment Plant required for Quality dialysis renders Purified water with the help of Ultra Violet tube and Reverse Osmosis System.
- All the rooms and wards are well-attended, clean and have mosquito repellent.
- Patient’s Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Refreshments, Bedtime milk are included in their respective bed/room charges
Shrimati Bhartiben Desai, wife of Late Dr. Virendra V.Desai, Founder Managing Trustee of Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, inaugurated a wing of renovated special rooms with ultra modern facilities.
Total No. of Rooms: 1
Room Charges/day: Rs.7,000
- Both rooms with modern furnishings and interiors
- 2 Air conditioners: A split-AC and window-AC
- 2 toilets with attached bathrooms with latest sanitary fittings
- A refrigerator
- Television with all channels
- A special cardiac table for patient
- Internet, Email, Fax and other secretarial services can be availed by our patrons
VIP Special Room
Total No. of Rooms: 11 Room
A spacious room with attached Toilet and Bathroom, Air-conditioned Cots & Cupboard for relative and patient
Television with all channels A Refrigerator Telephone A special Cardiac table for patient
Semi Special Room
(A partitioned large twin-sharing room)
Total No. of Rooms: 5 rooms (10 patients)
Room Charge /day: Rs.2,500
A Toilet with attached Bathroom Air Conditioned A Television with all channels Chairs and Special cardiac table for patient
No. of beds : 77
Bed Charge/day: Rs.800
The wards like rooms are attended promptly. They are clean, well lighted and ventilated. The facilities of telephone, Clean toilets & Bathrooms are also available in the wards.
No. of beds : 14
Bed Charge/day: Rs.800 Charges (Patient Diet included) :
The wards, like rooms, are attended promptly. They are clean, well lighted and ventilated. The facilities of telephone, Clean toilets & Bathrooms are also available in the wards.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
No. of beds : 06
Rs.1600 (post-operative ward)
Rs.1800 (New ICU) Patient Diet included) :
Kidney Transplant Ward
No. of beds : 12
Charges (Patient Diet included):
MPUH has networks for its various departments. The following departments are connected with each other:
1. Registration Counter/OPD with Laboratory, Billing Counter, Consultation Room and Inquiry Counter.
2. The Operation Theater with the Surgeons Cabin.
3. Stores with Purchase . The Finance Department is also fully computerized . Moreover fully computerized details of hospital statistics are collected and generated over a period of 23 years which are available to whoever is interested. All doctors are given full access of Clinical records, stored in the hospital's database. Modern Office Automation equipments like X-Ray Scanners, Printers, Photo Scanners, operative video and audio editing facilities etc are available. All this aid Doctors to present the research and scientific papers.
A Computerized Research Data Section Our hospital has upgraded its Research Data Section with Multi Computer Network Console. MPUH gratefully acknowledges gesture of Novartis for supporting our research activities.
MPUH has a technologically advanced sterilisation lab where clinical tools and equipment are sterilised. All utensils, plates, etc. used in the cafeteria are also sterilised every day in these machines.
Library of MPUH started in the year 1990 which is centrally air-conditioned. Its assets include 4650 books/journals which contribute to hospitals wealth by 54 lakhs approx. Apart from medical library hospital has extended library facility to all patients who desire to seek such services. Patients library is maintained by M.S.W dept. and all the books in this library are received as donation.
HOSPITAL CANTEEN is managed by dedicated homely staff of 20 persons which is always ready to serve not only to patients, their relatives but also to staff and guest house by providing Quality food which is cooked & served in hygienic manner. Quality food and Hygiene are our prime concern, therefore we not only replenish our stock daily but maintain hygiene through repetitive cleaning and cleaning utensils by hot water system and then autoclaving them and making them sterile. We believe minimum handling is the best handling, hence we have various food handling devices such as dough making machine, chapatti furnace, Trolleys etc. Apart from Quality and Hygiene we care for patients taste also therefore menu for patients change throughout the week. Patient diet comprising of 5 meal - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening snacks, Dinner and Bedtime milk is provided by canteen as per instructions issued by our Dietician & Doctors to suit patients conditions- a diet which can be liquid, soft, salt free, sugar free, high/low protein and even arti-feeding. If extra feed needed that is also provided by hospital canteen. We are soon starting a high protein refreshment diet for all the dialysis patient. Thus a diet which is suitable for patients and is clean, pure and tasty is ensured.